Friday, April 10, 2009

Homemade Shrinky Dinks

I've read about making homemade shrinky dinks using #6 plastic on several different blogs and have been waiting patiently to cross paths with the take-out boxes that use #6 plastic. Well, it finally happened. I had finished eating my birthday dinner and the waiter kindly boxed up the rest of my food. Then, he placed a lovely #6 plastic container in front of me. I was tickled. It was the best birthday present ever (dare I say, almost better than the yoga bag that I got from my dear children).
Sadie and I decided to make egg-shaped necklaces for the up-coming holiday. I punched a hole at the top and we colored on our design using permanent markers. Here's a good idea of how they looked before they went into the 350 degree oven:And two minutes later we had (sort of) egg-shaped necklaces:

Man, I love this. I wish I had more plastic take-out containers. Note to self: go out to eat more!Go here for the complete instructions.

No comments: