Monday, March 16, 2009

Meet the Wood Family

Remember back many moons ago when I mentioned that finishing these little wooden dolls were on my to-do list? Well 10 months later, I can finally cross these little guys off my list. I finally finished the little details and applied the last coat of varnish (after my children had already played with them, hence the scuffs). It is without hesitation that I introduce you to my family. Yes, that's Dennis, Sharleen, Eli and Sadie: This little family was made to represent some good friends of ours. This is Michelle, Gabriella, Robert and Alexey:
The BV Gang:And the whole Wood Family:

Yes, I got a little carried away making little wood friends for my little wood children. But, it was well worth it as these little wood people were well initiated today. They were buried in the dirt, tossed for hopscotch, passed from one neighbor kid to the next and held in grubby, chocolate laced hands. This is a good lesson in attachment for me. I'm trying to let it all go, but I think I'll apply one more coat of varnish after scrubbing them clean!! Then, I'll feel better.

5 comments:

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

You are so talented. I'm really surprised you don't have an Etsy store. You'd do gangbusters.

I love these.

~heather~ said...

Those are wonderful! So talented you are, so creative. I love them! They will be loved for years to come.

Alicia said...

How adorable! I love them and would love to make some for my son! Would you mind sharing what paints and varnish you used? Thank you!

sharleen.2cupsofcoffee said...

Alicia, I used acrylic paints (an **ahem** permanent markers) and an indoor/outdoor varnish all purchased at JoAnns. I bought the wooden dolls through caseyswood.com, but you can get the little girl ones at JoAnns as well!

MamaWestWind said...

So, cute! I was going to ask where you bought the peg people but I see you've already answered that. I'll check it out. I'm making little Waldorf style gnomes and fairies and such with peg people and felt. So much fun. I'll blog about it soon.
B