Friday, August 15, 2008

I Should Not Be Blogging Right Now

My girlfriends told me on Tuesday night that they wanted my blog to be "more real" and "less super-mom". So, I'm going to work on that. I promise to blog more about my imperfections because everyone loves to hear about other peoples problems! I might even post a picture of my hall closet just for Jennie so she can see that there are parts of my life that are total chaos and a picture of my shower because it is the most neglected part of my house as the black will surely point out. Actually, my whole mind is in full chaos mode as I prepare for Eli's b'day party this weekend which is why I should not be blogging. I need to be putting glitter on a butterfly, making a grocery list, and making insects out of marzipan. Don't ask me how this is going to turn out, I've never made marzipan insects in my life, but I need them for the cake that I'm making, which is really why I'm freaking out. I should just buy a cake like a normal human being or make a cake and then put plastic bugs on the top (which is plan B if plan A fails). But, my mom made beautiful birthday cakes for me so I'm making them for my kids dammit!! Eli's fire truck birthday cake from last year was a complete disaster, but his fish cake was sort of a success if you forget about the melting frosting. Sadie's cat cake turned out real cute, but my mom helped with most of it. Maybe I should take a class. Anyways, I'll let you know how it goes on Monday. Now, I must go and put glitter on a butterfly...

4 comments:

phdmommy said...

Don't be silly. We love our Supermom!!

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

I know you're not perfect, but you're much more organized than I am and so therefore you get teased.

I love your chaotic mind and very organized life.

I'm sure the party will be a HUGE success and Eli will LOVE everything about it becuase YOU made it.

Jennie

GramZ said...

Your fire engine cake turned out just great and I'm sure that Eli loved it. That's the most important part. What you do doesn't have to be perfect. Your cakes had lots of extra frosting in areas that didn't work out the way they were supposed to. Just go for it and have fun. Mom is sure glad to know that you liked your cakes over the years.

Billie said...

Oh, these cakes look wonderful! I've taken cake decorating classes, but my cakes looked ordinary, yours are fantastic. I didn't get a chance to learn the maripan part.