Monday, August 11, 2008

A Little Gift For A Sweet Girl!

We had some dear friends visit us this past weekend as they were passing through to spend the next year in Vegas. Gabriella shares a birthday with Eli and she will be 4! Because her dad is a writer and because they are going on a very long car trip and because she's a very smart and creative little girl, I decided that a notebook and pencil holder would be perfect. I am amazed at how fast I whipped this little thing together. Dare I admit that I'm getting a wee bit better sewing.Eli picked out the notebook:
P.S. I think she loved it!

3 comments:

Trish said...

That is such a cute idea for a little creative girl! Very nice sewing!

Alison said...

Great idea! I think I'll be making something similar for a long trip we'll be taking in the fall. School is good, almost over. In two more days actually! Then back to real life with a brainful of information and some motivation to do more.

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

I love this! We have tons of kids at our church and these would be perfect to make in bulk and give out at birthdays!