Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Activity #3: Leaf Collage

With the leaves we collected from our Nature Walk, the kids assembled this collage by sticking the leaves onto Contact Paper. I suppose they could glue the leaves on paper, but for a 3year old and an almost 2 year old, this is definitely the easiest way to go! We hung it in the window and it is a very cool effect to see the sun shining through the leaves.Totally off subject, why are the mosquitoes so bad in Ohio in the fall? I don't notice mosquitoes all summer long, but now we can hardly go outside. Eli looks like he got into a fight with a hundred of them. He has about 20 bites all on his face, which makes his face swell. His eyes are swollen and he looks awful. I broke down and bought some bugspray yesterday, but I hate putting it on his face. I'm not fairing much better. I itch like crazy. I'm searching for relief. Anyone know of any natural remedies?

2 comments:

MamaWestWind said...

I make my own that seems to work well in summer evenings but not during the really bad mosquito season. I've founds good natural bug sprays at our natural food store, so that's what I use during those times and cover up in long sleeves and pants well.

Alison said...

Oh I love this craft. Thank you for the reminder. I remember doing this as a kid. Now to only find contact paper in a small town...