1.Fold your paper in half so it is now roughly 4 1/4 x 11. Using a ruler, from the fold in, draw lines about a ruler's width apart stopping about 1/2 inch from the other side.
2. Cut on the lines you just made, making sure you do not cut all the way across.
3. Unfold the paper and connect the long sides of the paper forming a cylinder. Either glue or staple the sides together.
4. Add eyes by drawing them on or you can glue on googly eyes.
5. Glue about 5 streamers along the bottom of the cylinder.
6. Attach the pipe cleaner at the top to make a handle.
You can also use the same lantern shape to make a skull or a pumpkin as seen here.