Sorry, about the pictures. I don't know what's going on with my camera...Materials:
- coffee filters
- watercolor paint (or markers and a spray bottle filled with water)
- brown construction paper, cut into a turkey body shape
- red construction paper, cut into small wattles
- googly eyes (optional)
1) Paint the coffee filters using water colors (or with the markers and spray bottle, like we did when we made butterflies). I don't have the cake water-colors. We use the squeeze-tube kind and add water to it, which works better for the little kids as not everything turns brown. Allow the coffee filters to dry.
2) Fold the coffee filters not quite in half, but so it looks like the turkey has two rows of feathers. Add a little glue to keep the coffee filter halves together.
3) Glue the brown turkey body onto the center of the coffee filter.
4) Add the eyes and the wattle.