Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Coffee Filter Butterflies

I'm always looking for really easy craft projects for Sadie to do. She likes to paint and color and do all of that, but for whatever reason, I like to have a finished product. Note to self: it's not the product, it's the process. Must. Work. On. That. Anyways, I found a really easy and fun way to make a butterfly out of coffee filters from a really great tutorial on Sycamore Stirrings here. The kids loved it, especially spraying the coffee filters with water and watching the colors bleed. It was too cool and easy enough for the Sadester. Our very small butterfly garden:

3 comments:

Trish said...

Love these so much!! You deserve an award! (check out my blog).

katy said...

glad these were a hit with Sadie. This is such a good project for the little ones. I like it too because it actually ends up looking cute (I too tend to focus on the project not the process - always reminding myself to chill out).

You have a delightful blog. Thanks for the post!

Nina S said...

Ooo...I like your craft ideas. When my daughter is older and has an attention span longer than 3 seconds, I may these out with her!