Friday, June 6, 2008

Author of the Week: Byron Barton

Byron Barton is the author/illustrator of numerous children's books. Most of his books are geared toward the toddler/pre-school set as the text is very simple and the pictures are bright and bold with simple shapes and lines. As an extra bonus for those of us who have kids that are really hard on their books, most of them come in board-book form. He has a set of books about transportation vehicles that Eli totally digs and I love that I can get Sadie to sit and listen to The Three Bears or The Little Red Hen. He's a great author for us to go to right now as my kids are the perfect age for his books. He just might have the perfect book for your child too.

2 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

Thanks again for your suggestion! You are saving me from doing all of the homework myself!
I wanted to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog. You can post it on your blog if you want, but don't feel obligated to do it! I just love your blog! YOu have really helped me a ton!! Thanks!

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

I didn't know he had any other books than the transportation books. My 3yr-old used to love his books. Haven't read them in awhile, though.