Sunday, June 8, 2008

Strawberries Part II

This recipe is not quite as healthy as the last, but is equally delicious. Give it a try, I promise that you will not be sorry.

Strawberry/Rhubarb Crisp
From Diana Parton, my next door neighbor growing up who made this every summer
  • 2 cups diced rhubarb
  • 2 cups diced strawberries
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup flour

1. Pre-heat over to 375 degrees.

2. Combine the first four ingredients (rhubarb through flour). Dump into a small 8 x 8 baking dish.

3. Combine brown sugar through flour. Sprinkle over strawberry/rhubarb mixture.

4. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm with ice-cream.

2 comments:

Alison said...

OMG this looks great! I'm going to make it soon. Thanks for your comments! I like to change things up a bit and I'm exploring with stuff on my computer, like clip art. Anyways, the course I'm taking is for my sewing biz. A federal program to help small businesses start up, including funding for up to a year to help you along! Too good to pass up!

Liz said...

Yummy. I must try this recipe soon. Your photo makes my mouth water.