Saturday, June 7, 2008

Strawberries Part I

We've got strawberries coming out of our ears in Columbus, Ohio. We've been eating them by the pint-full. We got a heaping basket in our CSA this morning so I decided to make something special with them instead of just clean them and pop them into my mouth. Which is, in my opinion, the best way to eat them. I made a strawberry vinaigrette and put it on this very tasty salad of lettuce (also from our CSA), blue-cheese, toasted pinenuts and fresh strawberry slices, but would be equally good over a spinach salad with fresh stawberries, goat cheese and roasted pecans.

Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
adapted from the May/June 2008 edition of World Ark
  • 1 cup fresh stawberries, trimmed
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar (I just used the dark stuff, so it wasn't as pretty!)
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

Place strawberries and honey into a blender and pulse until pureed. Add vinegar, salt and pepper, combine. Add olive oil through the lid in a small stream. Blend until combined.

No comments: