Monday, June 23, 2008

Freezer Paper Stenciling

It seems that I caught the bug that is floating around the blogging world. I finally dug out some old t-shirts and tried freezer paper stenciling. I must say that it is a very satisfying craft. It's quick and easy, but looks like you worked harder than you actually did. I did not buy fabric paint because I couldn't find any, not that I was looking hard, I had two little helpers at the craft store and they kept grabbing everything off of the shelves so I found the closest thing I could and got the rock out of dodge. Instead I used a medium that converts acrlyic paint to fabric paint and it seems to be holding up on our t-shirts just fine, though I can't speak for the quality of fabric paint. For a summary of instructions visit Amy at Angry Chicken here. I found most of my stencils by googling specific images and using clipart.

By request, Eli's purple triceratops:

Sadie's bird and tree: My I'm-not-so-impressed-by-this-one t-shirt:
A gift for a birthday:

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love them all. It must have been a lot of fun to do.

Trish said...

That looks like a lot of fun!!! I think I'm going to try some myself. I really like the "Not-so-Impressed"! Thanks for the lead!

Alison said...

These are great. We just did some shirts today too! I'll be posting them soon.