Monday, June 9, 2008

More Randoms.

It seems like I have a lot of these random posts. Sorry. It's just my way of clearing my head which seems to be on overload a lot lately.First, I'd like to thank Lola for nominating me for an award. I'm so honored and am so happy that other people are out there reading my blog besides my mom and my friends. Not to say that I don't love my peeps, but it's just good to know that others appreciate me as well and actually do some of the stuff that I post about. Yea!! I'm supposed to nominate five other blogs and, well, I'm just so darn bad at that sort of stuff, plus most of the people I know have already received this award. Instead, I'm going to recommend that you look over on my "Just Met" links and stop by all these lovely, creative women's blogs. I promise that you will learn something new from each and every one of them.

Teacher/Mommy tip of the day: Eli has been really into his letters lately. **Warning: bragging is about to occur** We were sitting in the car and Eli was playing with his cup holder. Then he starts to say D-1-S-H-W-A-S-H-E-R-S-A-F-E. Needless to say, Dennis and I were floored. Today when we were playing with letters I realized that he was putting a lot of them upside down and backwards. So, I got out my trusty old Sharpie and added little black dots to the bottom front of all of the letters so he will know the correct directionality of the letter. Yes, I believe it's ok to accept approximations, but I think it's good for them to know the right way, too!!

A total random: Dennis and I have been getting Netflix for five years now and we were going to stop our account because we'd had Hairspray for three months and just couldn't find time to watch movies. Well, Eli was sick all weekend with a really high fever and we did Netflix Movies on Command for him. He watched movie after movie (not that I recommend this, but when your kid has a 104 temp, you just let him watch, sleep, watch, sleep...) all day long. It was great!! I think it's worth it for this alone. We don't have cable and we usually get movies from the library, but this way I don't have to drive to the library and pay a late fee! Again, why am I so slow to catch on to these things??

1 comment:

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

Poor Eli!

I hope he feels better soon.

Jennie