Friday, June 13, 2008

Felt Board Animals

Yesterday I mentioned how easy it is to think of activities from Lois Ehlert's books. Her newly released book Oodles of Animals has colorful collage illustrations with the animals made up of simple shapes accompanied with a short poem about each animal. The animals range from insects to frogs, alligators to birds, bears to lizards. Here are some of the insects:
I decided it would be fun to cut out basic shapes for the kids to design animals with. I used craft felt, my pinking shears and scissors to cut out various shapes in many sizes and colors. Here are some of the animals they came up with:
Don't have a felt board? You can always use paper. Or you can stop back later this week and I'll show you how to make your own felt board!

2 comments:

Liz said...

What a great idea. I am anxiously awaiting the felt board how to.

Tonya said...

I had a felt board when I started teaching my older children at home, they loved it! I need to find it and use it for Samuel and Ava, thanks for reminding me : )

I hope you have a lovely road trip, God Bless you, that is a loooong trip with two little ones! LOLOLOL