I think we'll try a photo scavenger hunt next. Eli's trying to improve his photography skills (you know, to actually get the object to be photographed into the frame) and I think he would have loads of fun. Plus, this would be great in parks where you're not allowed to remove anything.
Some other ideas:
- A color hunt: find one thing for every color of the rainbow
- A leaf/flower hunt: specific leaves from trees (maple, birch, ash, etc) or flowers with different number of petals
- A shape hunt: find something that is a circle, square, etc.
- An alphabet hunt (this would be fun photo scavenger hunt): find each letter that's in your name
- A texture hunt: smooth, rough, fuzzy, pokey, slimy
- A person hunt (another photo scavenger hunt): find someone with blue eyes, someone with brown hair, someone who is taller that you, someone who is the same age as you
- Transportation hunt (another photo scavenger hunt): a red car, a van, something with 3 wheels, an airplane
- A measurement hunt (for older kids): something 1 inch, 2 inches, etc...
- A comparison hunt (for older kids): something bigger than your shoe, longer than your finger, lighter than a penny, etc.