Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Two Posts Today, Mother's Day and Lemonade

Yeah, I failed. No post yesterday. I didn't get to it at nap time and Dennis had lots of school work to do last night. (Priorities, I know...) So, I finished up a baby gift and went to bed early to read.

Let me tell you about Mother's Day. First of all, my very sweet husband and children bought me a plane ticket to spend three whole days with my BFF out in the Bay Area without them, not to mention flowers, homemade cards, and a green living book!! Oh, this is so exciting, I so need a little get-away. It's in July, so I have some time to plan what we're going to do. I think sleeping in, sipping wine and lots of girl talk are in order.

Secondly, Dennis and I spent most of the day in the ER with Eli as he was up most of the night before with a peeing problem. As in, having to go every 3 minutes and nothing coming out problem. So, after two trips to the ER (really long story about insurance and faulty lab work...) it turns out that he is really constipated, which was totally off my radar because he poops everyday. But, apparently, this is very common in little boys (that they poop, but don't get it all out) and the poop causes spasms in the bladder which is why he thinks he has to pee instead of poop. Anyways, he's cleansed his bowels and is now good to go!! I know, TMI. I'm just so glad we had to go to TWO emergency rooms to find out. Argh!

The Sadester and I made homemade lemonade yesterday. Here she is helping me juice the lemons:Isn't that juicer to die for? I got it for a birthday gift from the above mentioned BFF along with a box full of Meyer lemons from her lemon tree. She got the juicer here.

Freshly Squeezed Lemonade:
  • 1 cup sugar + 1 cup water
  • 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
  • 3-4 cups cold water

1) Make a simple syrup by heating water and sugar together until sugar is dissolved.

2) Meanwhile, juice lemons.

3) Combine syrup, lemon juice and cold water. Refrigerate.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Poor little Eli, I am glad he is all cleaned out and feeling better now!
As for that juicer, I LOVE it!!!! It looks like an antique. I am going to visit the link : ) I just bought one, but it is not nearly as cute as yours.

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day, minus the ER visits. Your trip sounds like fun!